[Lcdproc] Drivers for futaba VFD

  • From: erd AT infinet.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Drivers for futaba VFD
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 15:09:01 2003

> Dear Sir,
>
> I've some VFD module and I'd like to control them with a PC. Theses
> VFD are from futaba model M202SD08G. I send you the data sheet. Is
> it compatible with another controler ? Or Is it existing a soft to
> use them ?

I have some Futaba VFDs, but not this model. From doing some
basic poking around, I found this page on the connecting an M202SD08
to a BASIC Stamp II - http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/vfdstamp.htm
that mentions some mods to make it speak "normal" baud rates. The
mods are described here -
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/futabavfdmods.htm

There's not lots of info on these displays floating around (I couldn't
find a live link to a spec sheet, for example), but they appear to be
a 20x2 VFD (i.e., "M202..."), primarily parallel input, or odd-baud-rate
serial. From a page on hooking an LCD or VFD to a car MP3 player, it
looks like this Futaba might have a Futaba-specific parallel interface -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/9546/player/LCDConnection.h
tml

So... No idea what command set it supports, but there's some info on
the display if people want to take a crack at it.

-ethan

--
Visit "The Seventh Continent"
http://penguincentral.com/penguincentral.html

  • [Lcdproc] Drivers for futaba VFD, <smaschine AT yahoo.fr (neXus), 07/27/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [Lcdproc] Drivers for futaba VFD, Ethan Dicks, 07/28/2003