[OT] remark [Lcdproc] can LCDproc and LIRC share one tty

  • From: Luis.F.Correia AT seg-social.pt (Luis.F.Correia)
  • Subject: [OT] remark [Lcdproc] can LCDproc and LIRC share one tty
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 09:54:02 2003

I'm not starting a flame war. That is not my idea.

> > (you don't actually need usb knowledge:
>
> Ah, ok, having a special chip do the job makes things
> easier of course :)

That is just what I was talking about, when I wrote the OffTopic remark.
If one uses special USB chips, then all is easy.
We will be limited to waht the chip can make, but I guess that this is
not such a big deal.

BTW, is this chip easy to find?
How much does it cost? (in one unit buy)

Still, the project sounds VERY good!

Keep up!

[snip]

  • [OT] remark [Lcdproc] can LCDproc and LIRC share one tty, Luis.F.Correia, 07/28/2003