[Lcdproc] Trying to get a new 633 USB working on RH9

  • From: BGentry AT ncst.com (Brian Gentry)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Trying to get a new 633 USB working on RH9
  • Date: Thu Jul 24 22:02:02 2003

I am so desperate I am sending this to the masses... =3D)

Ok I need help again...

What can I do tonight and tomorrow (7/25/03) to get this USB 633 to work
in the latest RedHat kernel?..I need the latest ftdi_sio driver, is this
available from sourceforge?..can you email me the link? I am cracking
under the pressure to get this to work ASAP.

Help...?

I can't remember if I just need to copy the new ftdi driver files into
the directory(? Which dir?), or if I need to recompile?? Any
rudamentory steps that you might find obvious please include them,
because I am so stressed I feel like I could miss an obvious step...
Maybe we could email it to the list also as a current workaround(recipe)
for the new 633USB...

Thanks for your help...=20

Stressed in Virginia,
Brian