[Lcdproc] Re: Re: (My) Error in Makefile.am - 1 attachment

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: Re: (My) Error in Makefile.am - 1 attachment
  • Date: Thu Jul 10 21:35:02 2003

On 10 Jul 2003 at 19:49, Herbert Demmel wrote:

> Hopefully you find an error in it.

No, you're right, there is no error in your Makefile.am.

I am starting to think that the problem we now get is caused by some
shortcuts that I had to take when I started to build the dynamic modules.
Automake had some difficulties and I HAD to do some thing the dirty way.
It did work on (most?) versions of automake that I found at that time. I
think the tricks do not work on your version. You could try to change
according to what the reports tell, like by using
AM_CCFLAGS = @CCSHARED@
AM_LDFLAGS = @LDSHARED@
instead of
CCFLAGS += @CCSHARED@
LDFLAGS += @LDSHARED@
Maybe this does work now. MY version of automake does not know
AM_LDFLAGS, but maybe yours does.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion