[Lcdproc] (My) Error in Makefile.am

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] (My) Error in Makefile.am
  • Date: Mon Jul 7 17:52:04 2003

On 5 Jul 2003 at 19:37, Herbert Demmel wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> I still try to add my driver to LCDproc.
> I followed "add-your-driver.docbook" but received following error during
> "make" after editing "server/drivers/Makefile.am":
>
> Making all in drivers
> make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/lcdproc-CVS-current-
> 20030629/server/drivers'
> cd ../.. && automake --gnu --include-deps server/drivers/Makefile
> server/drivers/Makefile.am:12: CCFLAGS must be set with `=' before using
> `+='

I have seen this warning too. I don't know a workaround, but things seem
to work fine.

> server/drivers/Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

Maybe you'll need to run "sh ./autogen.sh" again.

> server/drivers/Makefile.am:15: `LDFLAGS' is a user variable, you should
> not override it;

Did you actually use this format ?

myDriver_LDADD = @SOMESTRANGELIB@

Send us the Makefile.am file you have edited, otherwise we can't see what
might be causing this.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion