[Lcdproc] New HD44780 sub driver

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New HD44780 sub driver
  • Date: Mon Jul 7 17:52:02 2003

On 4 Jul 2003 at 2:36, Vincent Sanders wrote:

> Greetings

Hi Vincent,

Because you explicitly asked, a reply ;) Nah, I guess I should have
replied anyway.

It's very nice to see an extra subdriver again. The device seems
interesting too !

However I see two problems with integrating it. First, the 0.4.4 branch
is now frozen. Only very limited bugfixes will still get in. The 0.5 is
the current branch. It's not difficult to get your subdriver from 0.4 to
0.5.

Secondly our primary target platform is Linux. Next to Linux, we try to
support as many other platforms as possible. But if I'm not mistaken,
your driver will not run on Linux or on any other platform than the ARM.
Of course you can convince us we should integrate it anyway if there are
very good arguments, for example because this is a very very very popular
device :) Anyways, your patch is on the mailinglist archive, so others
can use it if they want.

Thanks for the contribution.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion