G621D (was Re: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: SED1330Fba])

  • From: erd AT iname.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: G621D (was Re: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: SED1330Fba])
  • Date: Sat Dec 21 17:46:01 2002

> I don't know about the IC only, but if you're lucky you might find a
> complete matching LCD with controller at EIO: www.eio.com
>
> I got my G321D there, perfect display.
>
> Joris

Are there any other places to pick up a G321D? I've been thinking
about a couple for a while, but I just checked and they are sold out
of the $25 no-backlight model. The only thing they have in stock is
a $50 model with backlight. For the price difference, I don't need
a backlight for what I want to do with it.

Acually, what I could really use is a G648D - twice the horizonal
resolution. Besides LCDproc, what I would do with a large LCD panel
is turn it into the display for a tiny VT-100 emulator. 72x20 would
be about the minimum acceptable screen size, obviously 80x24 or 80x25
would be better.

(I also have a Sharp LM641521 I got from eio.com way back for $9. It's
a Dell laptop mono panel with no controller - takes two sets of 4 bits
(upper and lower halves) and clock signals. Haven't been ambitious
enough to design a controller for it).

So... back to the original question: does anyone else carry the G321D
besides eio.com?

-ethan

--
Visit "The Seventh Continent"
http://penguincentral.com/penguincentral.html

  • G621D (was Re: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: SED1330Fba]), Ethan Dicks, 12/21/2002