[Lcdproc] Screen/widget question

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Screen/widget question
  • Date: Thu Oct 31 08:21:02 2002

On 31 Oct 2002 at 0:12, Ben wrote:

> I have two clients and the one client is always displaying stuff and
> the other only displays stuff occasionaly. I want the second client
> to display something on the second line of the display for a few
> seconds and then have the display revert back to what was previously
> displayed by the first client (so it would be unknown to the second
> client). I would like to have it so it only takes up the second line
> of the display and the data from the first client is still displayed
> on the first line.
>
> Is this possible to do? If so how?

Ehrr, no. We have discussed displaying multiple client's screens
on one display some time ago, but nothing really came out. Maybe
it is because there are A LOT of different ways you could
display multiple screens together. Probably you would like some
way to enforce what screens would be displayed together, which
is also not easy.

What you can do is write a proxy client. This should be:
- a client for LCDd itself;
- a 'LCDd-like' server for other clients.
It should route most incoming calls directly through to LCDd and
return the responses, but can modify the client name, screen
name, display line number, screen contents et cetera.
This way you could place multiple client's screen contents in
every possible way that you would like.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn