[Lcdproc] problem with FreeBSD and LCDd (Bus error)

  • From: knautschie AT networksunshine.de (k)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] problem with FreeBSD and LCDd (Bus error)
  • Date: Thu Oct 24 13:31:01 2002

hi, i have problems to run LCDd under FreeBSD

uname -a:

FreeBSD FreeBSD.mydomain.my 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #6: Thu Oct 24
14:28:08 CEST 2002
root AT FreeBSD.mydomain.my:/usr/src/sys/compile/KNAUTSCH2
i386

20x4 hd44780 4 bit mode (Barton 40005)

root@FreeBSD # /usr/local/sbin/LCDd -d hd44780
Bus error (core dumped)
root@FreeBSD #

dmesg:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (EPP/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

under linux (another box) the lcd runs well, no errors
witch options/devices needs LCDd in a FreeBSD kernel ?

any idea ?
knautsch