[Lcdproc] Dot Matrix T6963c

  • From: ms AT plain.de (Markus Schorer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dot Matrix T6963c
  • Date: Tue Oct 22 16:36:02 2002

hi,

i have such a display. although i use it with a homemade interface
not the parallel port. =

you should check http://www.xmythos.de/body_hacking.html
mythos ist the driver author and has been responsive to my and other
requests concerning the t6963.

i have two displays of that type, one with, one without backlight.
for me using the pc -12v as neg. voltage has been working well.

ciao,

"J.Zuckschwerdt" wrote:
> =

> Hey
> =

> THX for replying to my post.
> =

> About : Dot Matrix Display 240x64.
> I tried to connect the display to the parallel port and to the power su=
pply, but all i can see are very strange blinking characters
> =

> When i start the server (deamon) nothing changes.
> Could the display be broken ?
> I downloaded a pdf about this dislay http://www.displaytech.com.hk/pdf/=
graphic/64240b-.pdf
> =

> my display got a 20 pin connector and pin 20 should support the display=
with -15 Volts but at my display pin 20 is on the GND level
> Maybe it could be an old display which does not have the 5 to -15 Volts=
DC/DC converter.
> BTW. i connected the Vo pin of the diplay to another -15 Volts supplay =
and it worked fine.
> =

> The other Problem i have is, that i do not realy know how to set the pa=
rameters for the display in /etc/LCDd.conf