[Lcdproc] Starting a Seetron SGX-120L driver

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Starting a Seetron SGX-120L driver
  • Date: Tue Oct 22 14:38:01 2002

At 09:06 +0200 22/10/02, Harald Milz wrote:
>OK, here we go, some questions first:
>
>- added SGX120 stanza in LCDd.conf
>- added SGX120 to LCDproc.list.in (does not exist in the current CVS?)
>- added #undef SGX120_DRV to acconfig.h and config.h.in
>- added SGX120 stanzas to acinclude.m4
>- added docs/Seetron directory (README, character maps, splash logo,
> Makefile)
>- added SGX120 references to server/drivers/Makefile.am
>- added server/drivers/SGX120.{c,h}
>- added SGX120 stanzas to server/drivers/lcd.c (???)
>
>I have a problem here. Is it possible that a lot has changed compared to
>the 0.4.4-stable snapshot? no lcd.c, etc. I have no idea where to add the
>things that are needed. ...

Like David and Rene said, you were in the 0.5 branch and you should
have commited to the 0.4.4 branch. But don't let that little bad luck
discourage you. I've removed your driver from the 0.5 branch, so do
these steps to commit it to the 0.4.4 branch:

export CVS_RSH=3Dssh
export
CVSROOT=3Dhmilz AT cvs.lcdproc.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lcdproc
<make sure that there is no directory named lcdproc in the current
working directory>
cvs -z3 checkout -r stable-0-4-4 lcdproc
mv lcdproc lcdproc-stable-0-4-4
cd lcdproc-stable-0-4-4
<add your driver>
cvs update
<check out that you only modified the files that you wanted to modify>
sh autogen.sh
=2E/configure --enable-drivers=3Dall
make
<make sure that everything compiled properly>
<try and make sure that your driver works>
<try and make sure that the curses driver (still) works>
<if you're a paranoid like me, you can even do a cvs diff and check
out your changes>
<take a deep breath 8)>
cvs commit -m "Added the SGX120 driver."

Hope this helps,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion