[Lcdproc] Dot Matrix T6963c

  • From: j.zuckschwerdt AT vril-7.de (J.Zuckschwerdt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dot Matrix T6963c
  • Date: Tue Oct 22 12:38:01 2002

Hey

THX for replying to my post.

About : Dot Matrix Display 240x64.
I tried to connect the display to the parallel port and to the power supply,
but all i can see are very strange blinking characters

When i start the server (deamon) nothing changes.
Could the display be broken ?
I downloaded a pdf about this dislay
http://www.displaytech.com.hk/pdf/graphic/64240b-.pdf

my display got a 20 pin connector and pin 20 should support the display with
-15 Volts but at my display pin 20 is on the GND level
Maybe it could be an old display which does not have the 5 to -15 Volts DC/DC
converter.
BTW. i connected the Vo pin of the diplay to another -15 Volts supplay and it
worked fine.

The other Problem i have is, that i do not realy know how to set the
parameters for the display in /etc/LCDd.conf

Is anyone using such a dot matrix Display ?

Thx

Jo