[Lcdproc] Setting a screens priority?

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Setting a screens priority?
  • Date: Mon Oct 21 07:47:02 2002

> I have a HD44780 display set up and running LCDd with lcdproc. I have
> also created a small php-script for my homepage where visitors can
> leave a message on the display.
>
> I want those messages to have a higher priority than the screens of
> lcdproc, but I haven't been able to do so. I've read netstuff.txt
> several times, but I just get more confused as it somewhere say that
> "set_screen_priority" is a command, which it isn't.
>
> Can someone please help me out here? =D

I guess I can. The simple answer to your question is: it never
worked. The priority setting of a screen can be set, but the
server never does something useful with it.

Now, for 0.5 I'm working on 'real' priorities, or in fact
priority classes. Read back in the mail archive, you can search
it with Rene's search page:
http://lug-bremen.de/~reno/lcdproc/search.php
You'll need to be patient, it will take a couple of weeks
maybe...

Joris
--
Joris Robijn