[Lcdproc] Starting a Seetron SGX-120L driver

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Starting a Seetron SGX-120L driver
  • Date: Sun Oct 20 10:48:01 2002

> > I started to work on a Seetron SGX-120L driver. Some things still need
>
> Did some more stuff. The horizontal and vertical bars are best stored as
> custom characters in the EEPROM, as are the heartbeat and ellipsis icons
> (and some German umlauts).

I was about to suggest that course of action.

> In order not to burden the mailing list with the lengthy patch, I stored
it
> on http://www.muc.de/~hm/linux/VDR/lcdproc-0.4.3-seetron.diff.gz

Could you just try to patch against CVS stable-0-4-4 since 0.4.3
is freezed since it's release?

Whenever we try to release 0.4.4 you can always tell us if it is stable or
not,
and we will include or not.

Another option is to try to get into 0.5 too.
One day or another you will have to migrate.
Typicaly I make a minimal but satisfactory driver for 0.4.4
and I spend most of my time in 0.5.

Is the upload of the font build in or separate from the driver?
I don't know what is best, but make sure you provide the tools too.

Also you said there was another display alike but without updatable font.
Could you just make an option (maybe reuse the flag we have in CFontz for
old and new firmware) to not support hbar/vbar/heartbeat (or support ascii
downgraded version) if this flag is set.

David GLAUDE