[Lcdproc] Re: About 0.5 keypad support and 0.5 in Debian...

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: About 0.5 keypad support and 0.5 in Debian...
  • Date: Sun Oct 20 09:26:02 2002

The list should really be put in the loop for this one!

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:46:44AM +0200, David GLAUDE Mailing wrote:
> > I have restored Keypad support (get_key) in MtxOrb in 0.5.
> > It is not properly tested yet but should work (require mapping).
> > However I have not applyed Paul Hedderly patch there (in 0.5).
>
> AHHH what was missing? (I patch didn't work in 0.5 when I did a quuick
> try. I assumed there may be another read that it was blocking on
> somewhere.)

I simply did not try in 0.5 because your patch was for 0.4.3.
But feel free to investigate and send us a working (for you) patch,
I will try it and apply to 0.5 if it work for me too.
Maybe this time I will make it optional via LCDd.conf.

> By the way - the maintainer of the Debian package has granted me
> permission to package the unstable branch as lcdproc-unstable for Debian
> (I am a Debian Developer.)

Is it the packager of the stable version you are talking about?

> I want it there because I really want to use the menu support. I know
> 0.5 is not stable :O) I know parts of it really may not work etc - but
> getting a slightly wider audience may help shake it out.

Last time we went into debian it did bring a few bug report and
improvement...
But for 0.5 I guess we might get much more than what we want???

> Any objections?

Let's ask the list.

David GLAUDE

PS: Paul, don't forget you are going to be disapointed by MtxOrb in 0.5. ;-)