[Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?
  • Date: Wed Oct 9 07:16:01 2002

On 8 Oct 2002 at 18:35, Aleksandr Milewski wrote:

> Joris,
> I finally fired up gdb and built with debug. Here is a backtrace:

> [Switching to Thread 1024 (runnable)]
> 0x4006fb69 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x4006fb69 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1 0x4006f9fd in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2 0x804e703 in parse_all_client_messages () at parse.c:202
> #3 0x804b1d3 in do_mainloop () at main.c:710
> #4 0x804a34c in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffffb84) at main.c:231
> #5 0x40038a42 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

Hmm, odd, I got an other crash from client_get_message. I am not
sure whether the problem is in the menuitem stuff, I suspect it
in the messages part. I'll try to find it too.

> Setting the value only fails if I've increased maxlength to 12 or
> more, *and* the value I'm setting is shorter than the maxlength.

Probably only then a rearrangement of allocated memory is taking
place.

> Given that last bit of wisdom, I'm going to see if I can work around
> this by padding the strings I set in my code. Still, it's a bit
> distressing that this only happens above a certain maxlength.

Maybe it helps to set the default maxlength in the code to a
large value as a temporary hack.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn