[Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?

  • From: zandr AT digitalfountain.com (Aleksandr Milewski)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?
  • Date: Wed Oct 9 01:36:01 2002

Joris,
I finally fired up gdb and built with debug. Here is a backtrace:

[Switching to Thread 1024 (runnable)]
0x4006fb69 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0x4006fb69 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x4006f9fd in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2 0x804e703 in parse_all_client_messages () at parse.c:202
#3 0x804b1d3 in do_mainloop () at main.c:710
#4 0x804a34c in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffffb84) at main.c:231
#5 0x40038a42 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

I got there by firing up LCDd and saying:

root@dhcp-10-1-2-191:/root# telnet localhost 13666
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to dhcp-10-1-2-191.intranet.
Escape character is '^]'.
hello
connect LCDproc 0.5dev protocol 0.3 lcd wid 16 hgt 2 cellwid 5 cellhgt 8
client_set name crashme
success
menu_add_item "" foo alpha
success
menu_set_item "" foo -maxlength 12
success
menu_set_item "" foo -value "Goodbye"
success
Connection closed by foreign host.

Setting the value only fails if I've increased maxlength to 12 or more,
*and* the value I'm setting is shorter than the maxlength.

Given that last bit of wisdom, I'm going to see if I can work around this by
padding the strings I set in my code. Still, it's a bit distressing that
this only happens above a certain maxlength.

-Z