[Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd
  • Date: Fri Oct 4 14:30:02 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 12:36, Joris Robijn wrote:

> > We had this problem a few weeks ago on the list... the software
> > searches for HD44780.so, but when compiling the lib is called
> > hd44780.so (note the "small" hd).
>
> If that is the case modify your DriverPath in the config file.

Last time I checked, drivers were compiled in statically in 0.4.4.
No hd44780.so, no DriverPath.

I've just tried the most recent code from the stable-0-4-4 branch on
FreeBSD 4.6 and everything works fine concerning the hd44780 driver.

Also, it doesn't matter whether I run
server/LCDd -c LCDd.conf -d hd44780
or
server/LCDd -c LCDd.conf -d HD44780

I always get errors caused by the fact that there's a printer attached
to my parallel port ;)

So, make sure you've actually got the code from the stable-0-4-4 when
talking about 0.4.4.

Regards,

Rene

--
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.