[Lcdproc] installation problem

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] installation problem
  • Date: Thu Oct 3 12:54:01 2002

At 14:14 +0200 03/10/02, jan wrote:
>Le jeudi 3 octobre 2002, =E0 01:29 PM, jan a =E9crit :
>> Le jeudi 3 octobre 2002, =E0 12:13 PM, jan a =E9crit :
>>> i installed version 0.4.3
>>> i changed driver for HD44780 in the LCDd.conf in /etc/
>>> when i run LCDd
>>> here are the messages in the syslog
>>>
>>> could not bind to port 13666
>>> sock_create_server: error creating socket
>>> error opening socket
>>> critical error: main.c:238, abort
[...]
>> i managed the problem myself
>> i put winamp in the connection type and tada magic
Would it be possible to just write "Bad connection type" or something
like that, rather than crashing?

>> but now i have another question
>> at this page someone explain how to set VDR to run with lcdproc
>> http://home.pages.at/bashy/lcd.html
>[...]
>> =DCbergabe VDR
>> VDRPRG=3D"./vdr -L localhost -P 13666"
>>
>> can someone tell me where to put this?
>> it seems that vdr has a patch to run with LCDd i installed it
>> is the last line is for lcdproc.conf ?
[...]
>i found that also
>everything is fine now
>who said i needed a mailing list?

Could you tell us what it is? It seems to me like VDR is a
LCDd-wrapper and the VDRPRG argument is a configuration for VDR(?).

>ok one more thing
>when the lcd prints a black block its not fully black
>there s a letter "P" in it
>for example for cpu load
>?

It may be that your LCD display doesn't use the "fully compatible"
HD44780 charset. LCDproc version 0.5 (to come) will include a char
translation table to solve these kind of problems.

Best,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion