[Lcdproc] installation problem

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] installation problem
  • Date: Thu Oct 3 12:29:01 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 13:29, jan wrote:
> but now i have another question
> at this page someone explain how to set VDR to run with lcdproc
> http://home.pages.at/bashy/lcd.html
>=20
> it says to launch LCDd daemon with the launch of vdr:

If you want to use LCDd for other clients as well you might
consider starting LCDd using the init-scripts from the scripts/
directory of the sources.
Of course, you don't have to do so ;)

>=20
> Eintrag /usr/local/src/VDR/runvdr
> # run lcd-daemon
> LCDd -t 40x4 -d HD44780 "-p 0x378 -c winamp -v 2,2"

That command is only valid for LCDd < 0.4.3.
For several reasons you should use the most recent version
of LCDproc (from the stable branch).
I'd suggest to download the latest 0.4.4 snapshot
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly

Also, you should read the documentation of LCDproc 0.4.4
which is available from:
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/

Concerning the configuration of LCDd a lot has changed since < 0.4.3
mainly because LCDproc > 0.4.3 has got a configuration file and does
not parse all the old command line arguments any more.

>=20
> im ok with this after that its not clear anymore
>=20
> =DCbergabe VDR
> VDRPRG=3D"./vdr -L localhost -P 13666"

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with VDR...
All I can say is that this has nothing to do with the configuration
of LCDd.

>=20
> can someone tell me where to put this?
> it seems that vdr has a patch to run with LCDd i installed it
> is the last line is for lcdproc.conf ?
> im confused about the fact that lcdproc is the only client that other=20
> clients use to go to LCDd ? or every client properly patched can access=20
> LCDd?

LCDd is the LCDproc server.
lcdproc is the main LCDproc client. It displays system stats and other
stuff. It is not needed for other clients.
All clients connect to LCDd in the same way. They are absolutely
independent from each other.

Hope it helps,

Rene

--=20
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.