[Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem
  • Date: Thu Oct 3 07:30:02 2002

On 2 Oct 2002 at 10:43, Joris Robijn wrote:

> > > line, and some of the second line characters intertwined on line
> > > 1.=A0 Nothing ever shows up on line 2. =A0 Note that as soon as I
> > > close the winamp mode, if I run it again it displays nothing, and
> > > I have to start over in 8bit mode.=A0=A0=A0 Uuuggh!=A0=A0 Can anyone=
help
> > > me?=A0 Is it possible that any hd44780 uses different protocols or
> > > wiring?
> >
> > Some time ago, I had the same problems with my display. It had to do
> > with timing problems (a bug) in the winamp driver. Some
> > multiplications with the multDelay variable had been missing in the
> > initialization section... I posted my changes to the list some time
> > ago...

I have investigated this. It seems that you are not right here.
Indeed, there are NO multiplifications in the CALLS to the sleep
function, but in the sleep function itself the delayMult IS
applied. So if you add multiplifications, you effectively
multiply it twice by delayMult.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn