[Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 21:11:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 22:32, Fredrik Nordanmyr wrote:
> Ok. I've checked the core and it tells me nothing. :-)(i see some of the
> config file and then a lot of garbage)
> I'm running av FreeBSD Server 4.6.2 and lcdproc 0.4.3
> I compiled lcdproc only with the hd44780 drivers.
> I've been running lcdproc on RedHat and a SmoothWall firewall for over a
> year now and did some beta testing on the mtxorb drivers since pre9, so know
> the basic stuff around lcdproc ;-)
> I've also checked the portaddress and for what i see there right.
> I didn't test what Mark Gill wrote, but i'm willing to try.
> would it be smoother to try the 0.4.4 or 0.5 version of lcdproc ?

0.4.3 contains AFAIK at least one bug that might be of interest...
There's a memory leak in the main loop...

You may consider 0.4.4 the current stable version and use it for
testing.
Actually I don't know about the status of 0.5 in conjunction with
FreeBSD.

Just one more thing:
Does anything already use the parallel port?

http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-July/006235.html
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-July/006239.html

Hope it helps,

Rene

--
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.