[Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd

  • From: ansalmo AT dsl.pipex.com (Mark Gill)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 18:02:01 2002

On Wed, Oct 02 '02 at 18:04, Fredrik Nordanmyr wrote:
> Now i just got a HD44780 40x4 and want to connect it to my FreeBSD server.
> I compiled everything fine and with no error.
> But when i try to start LCDd i get an error message, saying
> " Bus error sudo ./LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf (core dumped)"
> Does anyone have any ideas ??

Actually, yes. I was stepping through the source at the weekend, and found
that the core dump can be averted on FreeBSD by applying the following patch
to /server/drivers/port.h (0.4.3 source):

144c144
< outb(val,port);
---
> outb(port,val);

That gets LCDd up and running in hd44780 mode, but there seem to be a number
of issues with the LCDproc client too.