LCDproc development and user support list

Text archives Help


[Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem (more info)


Chronological Thread 
  • From: bock AT blacknet.de (Goetz Bock)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem (more info)
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 16:40:01 2002


On Wed, Oct 02 '02 at 17:45, Joris Robijn wrote:
> > I've a 20x4 that the documentation calls an A-Type. I can not check
> > how the controllers are called, they are not labled.
> Hey it seems I completely missed that one, I also did not answer
> to your message.
Nobody did.

> Would you be able to commit it yourself ? I already gave myself
> a lot of work lately :)
While I got a SF.net account, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to commit
stuff to lcdproc. My account is ierk@...

> > But I've written a patch to support the (slightly) different
> > initialisation needed and had posted it to the list.
> Can you tell first in what way it is different? I would like to
> prevent a wildgrowth of HD44780 subdrivers.
It does not add a new (wiring) subdriver. There is a different
initialisation for >2 line displays (40x2, 20x4, 40x4) and the location
of the characters in the display are different

> > I've attached it again, and it adds a new wiring scheme, too.
this wiring is an 8bit wiring, with EN, RS on different lines than
ext8bit/winamp :-(

> Before we add a new subdriver only because a init timing is
> different, I would like to know what exactly is different about
> the init and why this init does work and the other one not. Then
> we can probably find a general solution so that we don't need
> two methods for the same thing.
It's no new timing, and I've no idea wether it fixes Nick's problem.
The init enables the addresses for more than 2 lines, and than it's
necessary to use a different (a lot simpler) algorithm to calculate the
position of a char in the display memmory.

While we are at it: I've got the european font, and would like to
support this, too. I would write a new translation table, but I would
like a general method, for (user defineable) character translation, but
I've no idea how to do this cleanely.
(I've never tried 0.5 so I've no idea if this is fixed there already)
--
Goetz Bock (c) 2002 as blacknet.de - Munich - Germany /"\
IT Consultant GNU FDL 1.1 secure mobile Linux everNETting \ /
X
ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML email & microsoft attachments / \




Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of page