[Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd

  • From: bock AT blacknet.de (Goetz Bock)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 And Freebsd
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 16:22:01 2002

On Wed, Oct 02 '02 at 18:04, Fredrik Nordanmyr wrote:
> Now i just got a HD44780 40x4 and want to connect it to my FreeBSD server.
> I compiled everything fine and with no error.
> But when i try to start LCDd i get an error message, saying
> " Bus error sudo ./LCDd -c /etc/LCDd.conf (core dumped)"
Read
and try again ;-)

> Does anyone have any ideas ??
- read the core and check what's wrong
- tell us more about your config
- bus errors happen, when writes to ports or memmory fails. Maybe your
paralellport is on a different address than sepcified in you config
file
- does the curses driver work
- did you compile the hd44780 drivers at all?
--
Goetz Bock (c) 2002 as blacknet.de - Munich - Germany /"\
IT Consultant GNU FDL 1.1 secure mobile Linux everNETting \ /