[Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem (more info)

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 weird display/driver problem (more info)
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 15:47:01 2002

On 2 Oct 2002 at 14:11, Goetz Bock wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 02 '02 at 00:22, Nick Chidsey wrote:
> > Some more info on my specific lcd unit incase it helps:
> > lcd board: Optrex DMC2066
> > chip: HD44780A00 with letter "S" in upper right corner.
> I've a 20x4 that the documentation calls an A-Type. I can not check
> how the controllers are called, they are not labled.

Hey it seems I completely missed that one, I also did not answer
to your message.

Would you be able to commit it yourself ? I already gave myself
a lot of work lately :)

> But I've written a patch to support dhe (slightly) different
> initialisation needed and had posted it to the list.

> I've attached it again, and it adds a new wiring scheme, too.

Can you tell first in what way it is different? I would like to
prevent a wildgrowth of HD44780 subdrivers. We already have
quite a lot of them.

Before we add a new subdriver only because a init timing is
different, I would like to know what exactly is different about
the init and why this init does work and the other one not. Then
we can probably find a general solution so that we don't need
two methods for the same thing.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn