[Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Menu bug with -value in alphas?
  • Date: Wed Oct 2 07:17:01 2002

On 1 Oct 2002 at 11:03, Aleksandr Milewski wrote:

> I'm also getting crashes on screen_del.

Maybe this one is connected to the fact that you removed that
part of the server menu. It tries to remove the client from the
menu screen.

> > Actually, the server crash is quite a problem for me. The other
> > issues
> > I've hacked around for the time being.
> >
> > If I set the value and the maxlength in the "wrong" order, but
> > on the
> > same line, I'm sort of OK. The value gets truncated to 10
> > characters, but the maxlength gets set correctly. If I set maxlength
> > in any other way (earlier line, later on the same line, changing the
> > defaults in menu_add_item_func in server/commands/menu_commands.c),
> > the server
> crashes.
> > If you can tell me how to turn on debug (wasn't obvious to me) I'll

configure with --enable-debug
after the crash you can then examine where it crashed. Or if you
run it in gdb you can do it while running the executable.

> > try to get more info, but it seems to just crash silently. My guess,
> > based on the fact that changing the defaults in the code crashes, is
> > that there's some declaration somewhere that isn't right.

Maybe I didn't use the defines everywhere correctly. I'll look
into it.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn