[Lcdproc] Left and Right Keys

  • From: zandr AT digitalfountain.com (Aleksandr Milewski)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Left and Right Keys
  • Date: Fri Sep 27 19:14:01 2002

> > Or, maybe the right way to do that is to provide a way for a client to
> > cause the menu to appear. Suggestions?
>
> That's what I've thought about as well. But I don't know
> how/what. If someone has a practical need, let's see what is the
> best solution. Does anyone need it already ?

I would really like to be able to have menu actions that lead to other
menus. Having the client be able to select a menu/menuitem to bring to the
front would handle this nicely. Perhaps a command like

menu_select <menu> [<itemid>]

I was thinking about being able to pass in values, but that could easily be
accomplished with a menu_set_item immediately before the menu_select. With
the exception of using enter to enter the menu, most of this comes from
wanting to coopt the menu structure as a state machine. ;)

> > Commenting out the Options, Screens, and Testing menus seemed to cause
> > no harm, just a few compiler warnings.
>
> Hehe;)

Harmless ones at that. I didn't bother to comment out the declarations,
since I was turning the testing menu on and off a lot while debugging the
left/right hacks.

-Zandr