[Lcdproc] Using 0.5 Menus with CFontz633

  • From: zandr AT digitalfountain.com (Aleksandr Milewski)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Using 0.5 Menus with CFontz633
  • Date: Mon Sep 23 23:36:02 2002

Well, I took all of your advice, and have built my IP configuration tool
using the v0.5 menu system.

This works pretty well, but I think the use of keys could be better within a
few of the menu widgets.

In particular, it would be nice if left and right moved the cursor in an
alpha and numeric screens, and the "enter" key (a green check) would save the
result.

Similarly it seems more intuitive for left and right to move through a ring,
and have enter save the result.

I'm willing to try my hand at patching these in, but I'm not much of a C
programmer, so the results might be a bit more pleasant if one of the core
developers were to make this change.

Also, for my application I'd really like to disable the menus that are not my
own. Is there any harm in simply commenting these lines out of menuscreens.c?

Finally, it strikes me as odd that lcdproc (the client) doesn't accept
priority as a parameter I'd like to be able to run lcdproc at a low priority
(as I do my own screens) so it doesn't step on the menu.

BTW, I'm using an 'alpha' with -minlength 7 -maxlength 15 -allow_caps false
-allow_noncaps false -allowed_extra "." for IP addresses, and a ring for
netmasks, and am pretty happy with the result.

Thanks for all the help!

-Zandr