[Lcdproc] Freezer

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Freezer
  • Date: Fri Sep 20 17:57:02 2002

At 11:29 +0200 20/09/02, Koch, Steffen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> when I run LCDd, my maschine will crash after some time. I'm
>> using an HD44780
>> display, but it also crashs, if the display isn't connected
>> and only the
>> server is running. I'm using kernel 2.4.19 but with kernel
>> 2.4.18 it is the same.
>> Its really strange.
>
>I observed that on my machine lcdproc 0.4.4 MUST have some memory leaks. If
>I run vdr (video disk recorder) for a long time (2 weeks or so) lcdproc
>consumes about 700 Megs of memory. The system begins to swap, and if swap i=
>exhausted hangs...

Wow! that's 2 MB per hour! Pretty strange... Do others have the same
problem? Could you report the exact configuration that you are using
(./configure options, drivers, kernel version, etc)?

I ran memwatch on 0.5 and it only reported freeing NULL pointers, no
memory leaks.

You can see my message about memwatch on 0.5:
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-August/006395.html

GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion