[Lcdproc] Volunteering?

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Volunteering?
  • Date: Fri Sep 20 07:30:02 2002

On 19 Sep 2002 at 21:18, David GLAUDE Mailing wrote:

> > I felt really happy to see all these answers yesterday. The project look
> > really active and promising.

Yes it is ;)

> > If you believe this is not good because it will mess with the generality
> > of the project then I'll go ahead with a 632 specific C++ driver. Let me
> know

Exactly. It's generally quite hard to keep it general.

> > what you think and then we can go ahead with the details.
>
> You have to take care not to try thing not possible on a previous
> version of the hardware. Your pixel by pixel scrolling is one of those.
> Also don't forget that the same code work for 632 and 634...
> So you have to take care not to break that too.
>
> I think it should be possible to do pixel by pixel scrolling by software
> on other LCD, so I would say we should or could put that in the API anyway!
> I guess my LCD is a new one so I can not help you with testing backward
> compatibility.

Well I would like that too. Let's make up the balance for this
point.

I know that many LCDs have only 8 custom chars, so we could only
scroll 8 chars... That's a problem. And what if there are bars
too, then there might be something like 2 chars left... Is there
a solution to that problem ?

How many LCDs would be capable of doing this ? Let me answer
this partially already: I think all graphical LCDs could do it,
right ?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn