[Lcdproc] Contrast and other goodies for Crystalfontz

  • From: robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Contrast and other goodies for Crystalfontz
  • Date: Wed Sep 18 08:20:01 2002

On 18 Sep 2002 at 4:04,
gozadinos AT cpat.ups-tlse.fr
wrote:

> Hello again thanks for the replies!
>
> If it works for you then I suppose the issue is that I use the Debian
> package, maybe the package maintainer has not included these options in the
> driver. I'll compile myself and post my results. In the prepackaged
> version I use, the client can set whether he wants backlight or not (but
> not a "level" of brightness).

Yes you're right, for all versions, this kind of things is not
settable from a client. So that's what you meant.
But it is settable from the menu.

Problem is (for 0.5 at least) there can be multiple drivers. So
if you want to set it from a client, what driver do you want to
set the contrast of... If we would like this to be possible, the
client should need to be able to 'learn' from the server what
drivers have been loaded, and whether they support contrast and
brightness settings. You can imagine that's a big extension to
the widget language. Also, what should be done if the drivers
are reloaded...?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn