[Lcdproc] New perl package and client

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New perl package and client
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 16:19:02 2002

Interesting,

Actually I found the change in Freshmeat first and was about to inform the
mailing list...

I guess you have read the message from "Yiorgis Gozadinos",
he was talking about a Perl wrapper for LCDproc, maybe he did not knew about
your project,
maybe there is something you could reuse in what he did???

I would like to know if your new version is API compatible with the previous
version...
I don't know much of Perl so you will have to explain slowly.
But Does a client writen using the previous library work with your new
library?
Did you test other Perl client writen with the old now using the new?
Do you know about the small problem we had with our standalone perl client
(not using
the library) when they were not reading for the socket (or something
similar)?
Could you write a "demo" client that does not need external hardware (UPS)
to be tested
and learned from?

Thanks anyway for whatever you already have done for LCDproc.

David GLAUDE