[Lcdproc] New perl package and client

  • From: wayne AT connactivity.connactivity.com (Wayne Wylupski)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New perl package and client
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 13:09:02 2002

Hello,

I have taken over the stewardship of the perl-LCDd package previously
designed and maintained by Flavio Curti (thanks, Flavio!). There is
a new version, which adds to the previous release:

o callbacks for server messages (listen, ignore, key, bye) so
the client no longer needs to parse server messages.

o new output and backlight routines.

It currently works for v0.4 of lcdproc. It is my goal to support
0.5 when it is consided stable.

I have also created a new client based using that package: lcd-nut,
which is a utility to display the status of an attached UPS. I would
appreciate it if this is added to the clients page.

Both of these can be found at http://www.webbastards.com/projects/

Thanks,

Wayne