[Lcdproc] Kernelsettings

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Kernelsettings
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 12:50:02 2002

At 13:36 +0200 17/09/02, Matthias Fechner wrote:
>* Joris Robijn
><robijn AT natlab.research.philips.com>
> [16-09-02 17:16]:
>> Did you include the driver when compiling LCDproc ?
>>[...]
>> If you have not done that, you will not get the hd44780 driver
>> in LCDd. I think you can also use --enable-drivers=3Dall.
>
>I'm not sure, i installed the lcdproc 0.4.3 from the debian-package.
>I will ask the maintainer of this package.

Every LPT port driver was disabled in the debian package because it
caused errors when compiling on non-i386 platforms, but we solved
this problem a long time ago...

So I guess Noel Koethe (the debian maintainer of the lcdproc package)
should use ./configure --enable-drivers=3Dall in his package, I CCed
this message to him (Hi Noel!).

See the actual debian bug:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D141577&repeatmerged=3Dyes
And the thread about this problem/solution:
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-April/005610.html
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-May/005631.html
(follow up of the same thread the next month -- mailman doesn't seem
to be smart enough to do this by itself...)

Best,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion