[Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 17:28:02 2002

> > One other poblem
> > with screen_ad_key is that it does not return the screen parameter
> > in the "key K" information. It _should_ return key S K (s=screen),
> > otherwise what's it for ?
>
> That's correct. Otherwise you can't distinguish between screens ;) So
> do you want that S=screen parameter? I mean, since that command is not
> documented yet, we can IMHO change it. AND it's rather simple to
> change that ;)

Oh I meant to indicate what the S was for in the "key S K" string. S
is the screen. No S=screen parameter. The protocol does currently not
look like that.

> > I don't think this screen_add_key command is very well thought
> > through. Maybe we should remove it. I think we should at least not
> > advertise it in th documentation.
>
> Don't you think it becomes useful with the change you suggested
> applied?

No it's not useful when we have key reservations. Look, there are two
ways why a key can be send to a client:
1. If it's a shared key, it's for the screen that is in front. That
is told with "listen S".
2. If it's an exclusively reserved key, the client has a special
action for it. What screen the key is for is of no importance,
because an exclusively reserved key can only be given away _once_.

So I think we should silently remove screen_add_key (or at least not
support it anymore).

Joris

--
Joris Robijn