[Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 16:49:01 2002

> > BTW: screen_add_key is not mentioned in netstuff.txt.
> > I guess, we'll have to update that file ;)
>
> I've never understood what it was for. If you reserve it as client then you
> can always decide for which screen the key was meant.

Well, you may want to handle a key press differently when a different
screen is active.

> One other poblem
> with screen_ad_key is that it does not return the screen parameter in
> the "key K" information. It _should_ return key S K (s=screen), otherwise
> what's it for ?

That's correct. Otherwise you can't distinguish between screens ;)
So do you want that S=screen parameter?
I mean, since that command is not documented yet, we can IMHO change
it.
AND it's rather simple to change that ;)

> I don't think this screen_add_key command is very well thought through.
> Maybe we should remove it. I think we should at least not advertise it
> in th documentation.

Don't you think it becomes useful with the change you suggested applied?

Regards,

Rene

--
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.