[Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 driver and keypresses
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 12:00:02 2002

> I am trying to get keypresses detected by the hd44780 driver sent to
> irmp3. It seems to me though that no key presses actually arrive at
> irmp3. but LCDd definately detects them as i can see the key presses
> in the debug messages.
>
> Is there a way to check if LCDd is actually sending the keypresses to
> irmp3?

If I'm correct the client needs to reserve the keys before it can
receive them. It's not yet very well documented I think. If I'm
correct it works like "client_add_key A" or screen_add_key S A". Just
try it and evt see client_functions.c to be sure.

We did make a change in the protocol requiring clients to register
keys. That was not the case in the past, all clients received all
keys, so there was no telling which one was going to respond and what
would happen :)

Joris

--
Joris Robijn