[Lcdproc] RFC: roadmap for 0.4.3 (was: New drivers in 0.4.3 or 0.4.x or 0.5 ?)

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] RFC: roadmap for 0.4.3 (was: New drivers in 0.4.3 or 0.4.x or 0.5 ?)
  • Date: Thu Mar 28 12:57:01 2002

> So, to sum up:
>
> Things to be done before a 0.4.3 release:
>
> * Website

We definitely need to update the website.
Otherwise I'm not willing to agree on releasing ANYTHING.
(You all know what will happen to the ML traffic!!!!!)

> * Documentation (User's Guide (AKA HOWTO) (me), Developer's Guide (me),

The User's Guide is available now, but already needs some updating
again.
I'm going to convert the netstuff.txt file into a Developer's Guide.

> FAQ (maybe me, but I have no idea about what to include)

I still have no idea...

> * port.h (debian sparc)

Nobody has fixed that yet, so I guess we should just forget about it,
if 0.5 works (it compiles according to Joris).

> * port the remaining lcdproc (client) screens to *BSD

I'll have all the *BSDs on my box in about a month, so, that's
something for 0.4.4 and 0.5 - IMO

> * server menu (backlight) (me)

Done.

> * backlight configuration from the config file (me)

Done.
I still have to do the same with the heartbeat code.

> * MtxOrb and the server menu (???????)

AFAIK that's fixed now. It definitely works with the MtxOrb driver
as the output driver and the curses and lircin driver for input.
(lcdemu as the "hardware")

> What else?

* configfile option for the lircin driver (me)
It should be possible to specify the location of the lircrc
file.

* copyright information
We should at least add the copyrights of those who appear in the
CVS logs.

Rene

--
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.