[Lcdproc] Menus (was: HD44780 Keypad Function)

  • From: linux AT sm-recycling.de (stefan manteuffel)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Menus (was: HD44780 Keypad Function)
  • Date: Sat Mar 2 06:34:02 2002

Am Samstag, 2. März 2002 01:46 schrieben Sie:
> From: "Joris Robijn"
> <joris AT robijn.net>
>
> > Client supplied menus - nothing else!
>
> O.K. I'll bite. Why does the server implement menus rather than the
> client?
>
> >I was also thinking that the server could read a list of
> >commands/scripts from the config file. If it present them in the menu
> >you can do things just like / instead of the current shutdown stuff.
> >Very convenient for ppp. But of course no client interaction for this!
>
> Ugh! What are you building, a pc-anywhere remote control interface or
> an LCD display engine? Wouldn't it be much better to have a local
> client do this that could deal with all the security issues?
>
> mp

but i had see that that the server had allrady a menu ( after i had my keypad
wired rigth ;) ) bat the shutdown and reboot functuin will not work.

i think that the support for the keypad funtions on the server or an client
is verry importend. many router work without an keyboard and an monitor and
lcdproc is here i verry goog soloution !

i can't writh anny code, i have only writh some years ago an dbase prog ;)

stefan