[Lcdproc] HD44780 Keypad Function

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 Keypad Function
  • Date: Fri Mar 1 16:22:01 2002

> sorry my english ist not the best.

Well I must say it's pretty good.

> i had compiled the new lcdproc 0.4.3 from the nithgly update and it
> works after initalies with the lcd prog fine. now i had added a key
> pad with 5 keys.
>
> No my problem. i will add some funktions like halt, reboot, pppoed
> start and stop. how can i map it to the keyboard ?

What you want is currently not possible by the server. There is a way
to do it from a client. You would need to write a client that
reserves all the keys that you want to use. It could then start a
script or whatever for the different keypresses.

For v0.5 I'm thinking about and working on new things for the menu.
Something interesting is the ability to execute commands from the
menu. If that was implemented you would have what you want I guess.
The keystuff is quite immature, and changing a lot. I hope v0.5 will
soon offer a nice, easy to use solution for you. But if you don't
want to write a client yourself, you'll need to wait some time.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>