[Lcdproc] Shortage of LCD Glass

  • From: n9ubh AT callsign.net (David Douthitt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Shortage of LCD Glass
  • Date: Fri Mar 1 13:42:01 2002

Has anyone else seen this? I thought you all would be interested.

In short, LCD Displays are going to be in short supply due to a
shortage of the glass which makes up LCD displays. They had a name
for it - I forget what it was - but between a misjudgement of the
market and the closing of a major glass plant, the lookout for LCDs is
pretty grim (i.e., expensive....) for the near future.

PS: Sorry about being scarce - been working on my Linux distribution
among other things. Been busy.....