[Lcdproc] FW: LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left cor ner

  • From: Chris.Debenham AT sun.com (Chris Debenham - eSun Systems Engineer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] FW: LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left cor ner
  • Date: Tue Dec 11 23:21:01 2001

The one at http://www.nollet.com.au/serial_lcd_420.htm is the one I use, I
also have one the RTN 2*16 displays, both were simple to hook up just
requiring two wires to your power supply and one wire to your serial port.
The LCD+interface is basically just the LCD plus an lcd "backback" which by
itself costs about $46 as to what exactly would be required is beyond me.
You may also wish to have a look at robotoz (http://robotoz.com.au) as they
also sell the lcd displays, but they sell the 4*20 for $110.

Chris

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 02:32:35PM +1100, Collin Baillie wrote in a legally
binding way:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Recently I posted some Australian suppliers of LCD's. I listed an LCD by
> RTNollet and someone else posted that they were good and cheap.
>
> The ones with built in serial interface and everything costs $121 (~$60 US)
> Is this a good price? Otherwise they also have listed the LCD by itself for
> $38 Australian. (~$20 US). At the bottom of this email is the reply from Ron
> Nollet about this plain LCD and the attached PDFs which he sent me. (Had to
> remove these so this email can go thru. I have no website to stick them on,
> but I can email them to anyone who asks)
>
> Here's the description of the LCD screen from the web site (Pricelist):
>
> LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left corner
>
> Basically I'm asking "Which would be cheaper?" What soldering etc would I be
> up for?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Collin Baillie
> --
> My other computer is a 4000 node Beowulf cluster.

,-_|\ Systems Engineer - eSun E-mail :
chris.debenham AT Aus.sun.com
/ \ Sun Microsystems Australia Pty Ltd. Direct : +61 (2) 9844 5188
\_,-\_* 828 Pacific Highway Phone : +61 (2) 9844 5000
v Gordon, N.S.W. 2072 Fax : +61 (2) 9844 5189
Mobile : +61 (40) 9844 514

All Computers Run At The Same Speed...With The Power Off.