[Lcdproc] is _icon a problem/still in use?

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] is _icon a problem/still in use?
  • Date: Tue Dec 11 16:31:02 2001

>From: "µ-thos"
><mythos AT xmythos.de>
>DGM> So having it missing should not kill any driver.
>DGM> The NEW icon is suppose to display any "dingbats" at any location on
the
>DGM> LCD.
>DGM> A "dingbats" being a custom char displaying something well known like:
>DGM> * Arrow to the left, to the right, up, down
>DGM> * Heart empty/full
>DGM> * ...
>DGM> We need to define a set of those "graphics" and a name/number for
each.

>But keep in mind that this should be extendable. Means that there
>should not be an array of perhaps 20 chars but instead something
>dynamic. (i.e.: Array with first element as 'size of array')

Well, it is dynamic and not dynamic.
>From the client point of view he is going to do something like:
add widget_icon ... 2 5 FLOWER
or alternatively
add widget_icon ... 2 5 123

>From the server to driver API point of view, it will be
_icon(drvthis,2,3,123);
or alternatvely
_icon(drvthis,2,3,FLOWER)
where #define FLOWER 123.

So as long as we don't run out of space on the "int" it should be OK.
Now I would prefere that we use "char" wich is much more limited.
But then do we really need to define more than 255 kind of icon?

David GLAUDE