[Lcdproc] more work in progress

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] more work in progress
  • Date: Tue Dec 11 12:48:01 2001

"Joris Robijn"
<joris AT robijn.net>
wrote:

> > > Were we going to release v0.4.3, or jump straight to a developer's
> > > release?
> >
> > I think we should try to get things stable enough to release a 0.4.3
> > version. We were only looking for way to enable Joris to get his API
> > changes and other things into CVS, right Joris?
> > I would like to do a kind of feature freeze NOW, so that we can do
> > testing, testing, testing and testing ;)
>
> Yes, let's be sure what we release...

That's lways a good idea, isn't it?

> Speaking of that, that old socket vulnerability that was mentioned on
> some security site, is that solved already ?

In current ("dev") CVS AFAIK yes!

> I will not do anything to the client interface.

OK! Sorry, I misunderstood you :(

> I will adapt driver
> so that they work again.

Much work to be done, right? Just let me know what to change and I'll
do it for my driver (lcdm001.c).

> Only the icon function will initially not
> work correctly, because David Glaude is working on that.
>
> > A 0.5preN version might be the possibility to get all API changes and
> > maybe even menu support (I'd like to work on that) into LCDproc.
>
> Would be great. I guess you mean client supplied menus.

Exactly ;) But we need to agree on a way of handling the keys first.
That's what your API changes are about, right?

> If noone else
> has already done so, I can check how much there is to be done on key-
> reservations.

You mean a client reserving a key?

> What I can do is start a CVS branch, instead of using the default
> HEAD branch. Later, when it's time for 0.5, we can make that the
> default branch. Good plan ?

Great plan ;)
But please be patient with CVS newbies like me ;)
I'm really happy when a commit is successful ;)

Rene