[Lcdproc] GPL and loadable module

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] GPL and loadable module
  • Date: Tue Dec 11 00:03:01 2001

At 15:24 +0100 10/12/01, Joris Robijn wrote:
>> I disagree - I would think that any NEW driver code could be licensed
>> under an OSI approved license. OSI is the Open Source Initiative.
>
>The drivers are currently GPLed. To change that you would need to get
>the agreement of all developers of the past. Some parts are even from
>other programs, so I think it's impossible.

I don't think that's what David meant. He said that we should accept
*NEW* drivers that use other OSI licenses. He didn't talk about
converting existing drivers.

=46or those wondering what's my opinion on all this copyright thing, so
far I agree with 100% of what David said; which is quite strange
considering I usually always disagree with him... hihihi 8)

GFK's