[Lcdproc] more work in progress

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] more work in progress
  • Date: Mon Dec 10 23:40:02 2001

> > > Should we now go to a 0.5pre1 version ? What do others say ?
> >
> > Were we going to release v0.4.3, or jump straight to a developer's
> > release?
>
> I think we should try to get things stable enough to release a 0.4.3
> version.
> We were only looking for way to enable Joris to get his API changes and
> other things into CVS, right Joris?
> I would like to do a kind of feature freeze NOW, so that we can do testing,
> testing, testing and testing ;)

Yes, let's be sure what we release...
Speaking of that, that old socket vulnerability that was mentioned on
some security site, is that solved already ?

> Well ... not only that ;) I would also like to add support for Joris'
> reporting patch to all the drivers, so that all drivers are on one "level"
> ;)
> But even more important seems to be getting the key stuff working with ALL
> drivers again, BUT without changing the API as Joris proposed.
> That would really break compatiblity with drivers and clients.
> I hope that's true so far, Joris?

I will not do anything to the client interface. I will adapt driver
so that they work again. Only the icon function will initially not
work correctly, because David Glaude is working on that.

> A 0.5preN version might be the possibility to get all API changes and maybe
> even menu support (I'd like to work on that) into LCDproc.

Would be great. I guess you mean client supplied menus. If noone else
has already done so, I can check how much there is to be done on key-
reservations.

What I can do is start a CVS branch, instead of using the default
HEAD branch. Later, when it's time for 0.5, we can make that the
default branch. Good plan ?

Joris

--
Joris Robijn