[Lcdproc] versions (was: CVS: lcdm001 update; key handling)

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] versions (was: CVS: lcdm001 update; key handling)
  • Date: Mon Dec 10 14:07:01 2001

> > > That would enable us to cleanup the stuff in "lcdproc" and do whatever
> > > we like ;) in lcdproc-0.5 which might also mean breaking compatiblity
> > > with some drivers for a while.
> > > Improving API stuff would become much easier, wouldn't it?
> > >
> > > Also, we might really release a new "more_or_less_stable" version out
of
> > > the "lcdproc" dir after some testing.
> >
> > Should that be 0.4.3 ?
>
> Why not? I think a lot of people are looking forward for a non CVS release
;)

I definitively think we need a "pseudo-stable" version before the API
change.
It might be unrelated to our previous branch. ;-)
Just for the sake of having a version that do compile BEFORE the API change.
Otherwise peaple will complain again and again.

And of course the API change is not yet 0.5, it is a pre- or whatever.

David GLAUDE

PS: I won't be able to help because of lack of CVS knowledge and limited
time.