[Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit
  • Date: Wed Dec 5 21:49:01 2001
On 4 Dec 2001, at 12:56, Daniel Smolik wrote:

> Joris Robijn wrote:
> >
> > > I have found big problem with initializing my 16x2 display
> > > in 4bit mode. I have solution but I don't know how my patch
> > > work.
> > > But now I have new problem that can help me solve this. I
> > > have two displays (the same) but when I send string "p"
> > > first displays "p"
> > > but second "1/4". I try experiment with DelayMult and
> > > DelayBus but nothing. Have anybody the same problem ?
> >
> > I think we have! Or is this a very new problem ? Version ?
> Initialization it is old problem but "p" this is new :-). I

Ah, check hd44780-charmap.h. It tells that a 'p' is replaced by a
long 'p' char# 240. You can set it back to 112 ('p'). 113 ('q') is
also replaced, by char# 241, you can set that one back too. If that
solves the problem for you I think I need to make those changes in
CVS too (I also have a display that cannot display the long 'p'
correctly.

> > something with the delays in init. Can you investigate ?
> I increase all delays in init and nothing help. I will
> investigate :-).

K very nice

Joris

--