[Lcdproc] CPU load

  • From: Karl.Trout AT dowjones.com (Trout, Karl)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CPU load
  • Date: Wed Dec 5 17:39:01 2001

This is definitely the result of the perl client. Over the weekend I was
having the exact same issue with my code for the Perl Module I'm writing.
I fixed it by removing a stray autoflush line '$|=1;' and rearranging some
calls. Basically what I believe is happening here is the response from LCDd
Back into the perl code is not being handled and consuming cpu time in an
exponential way.

Regards,
Karl Trout
Sr. Systems Support Analyst
NOT to return to:
200 Liberty st.
New York, New York
10281
wk# 212-416-2112

#! /usr/bin/perl
What is the sound of Perl? Is it not the sound of a wall that
people have stopped banging their heads against?
-- Larry Wall